It’s A Group Thing: The IBC Community
We made the call.
Join the Collective!
You responded in droves, following us on Twitter, Facebook, Goodreads, signing up on our website, checking out our blog and telling your friends (to which we say THANK YOU!).
A few weeks have passed and maybe you’re looking around and wondering, Um, I know I joined the Collective, but where the heck is the Collective part? Is it just on Twitter?
A fair question, indeed, and one we are finally able to unveil the answer for:
Ladies and gents, we finally have our very own community with forums, genre based sub-groups, individual profile pages, and video and photo hosting.
- Got a new book cover to share? We’ve got a group album for that.
- Have a fab new book trailer? We’ve got a place to share that.
- Looking for cross-promo opportunities? Yep, we’ve got a forum for that.
- Want to ask a question about e-book publishing but afraid you’ll miss the reply on Twitter? Don’t worry, there’s a forum for that.
- Curious about the POD side of things? Of course we’ve got a forum for that.
- Tried a great new marketing strategy or need help developing one? Naturally we’ve got a forum for that.
- In over your head with social media and how to make it benefit you as a writer? You betcha, we’ve got a forum for that.
The IBC community is going to be the hub of the collective. While our website is our professional face, and our blog is about information, the community will be the heart because we are nothing without our members.
We want to hear your successes. We want to commiserate with you over your failures—and help you find a way to turn that into a win. We want to be the support group you turn to as we all navigate the uncertain waters of the indie publishing movement. And we want to hear what you want, your suggestions for making IBC even better!
Now keep in mind, it’s brand-spanking new, so the site might look a little naked until all of you help populate it with content. So come on over and sign up today! (Sadly, yes you will have to go through the sign up process all over again even if you’ve joined the Collective via our website, as we can’t create your Grou.ps account for you.) Fill out your profile and start getting to know your fellow IBC members. See you in the forums!
Kait Nolan is a writer of action-packed paranormal romance that features a fresh and inventive mythology. No sparklay vamps here! Her debut release, Forsaken By Shadow, is available on Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Smashwords, Sony, Scribd, Amazon UK, Kobo, Diesel E-books, and SpringBrook Digital. It is available in audio from SpringBrook Digital and CrossRoad Press. She can be found at her blog, Twitter, Facebook, Goodreads, MySpace, and Pots and Plots (her cooking blog).